Monday, June 22, 2009

Where to start...

There is a lot to do. Priorities like doing laundry come first. So I took a hammer and ripped out everything in the laundry room. There was a wall under the stairs, an old shower, and an old sink.



They are all gone now.
Later I found out I needed the sink for the washing machine to drain into. So off to lowes for an all in one sink, drain pipe, faucet. Nothing quite fit. The washer couldn't be pushed over to side enough to make room for the sink because of an old drain on the floor. If I put the washer on the other side of the drain then the hose from the washer to the sink barely fits.
Right now the sink is in but sideways so the drain hose from the washer can reach. Tomorrow I'll see if I can get a longer hose and set everything up correctly.

Update: The washer went up on patio pavers. Everything is just about right now. The washing maching drains into the sink and everything lines up fairly well.

The pipes for the old shower are still there but I still need to put a plug on a copper pipe for that to work. I'm going to try this new kind of plug that doesn't require any soldering. I hope it works. If not though I just got a lesson on soldering from my father-in-law so I should be able to fix that right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment